How to Apply for Land Intensification Allowance (LIA)?
- A building owner who proposes to construct or renovate/extend a building or structure that meets the above qualifying criteria may apply to the EDB for the LIA incentive, if the development application in respect of the construction or renovation/extension works is submitted to the URA on or after 23 February 2010. All applications must be made to the EDB with the completed application form and a copy of the notice of written permission issued by URA. Please refer to Annex B for a flowchart of the application process.
- Upon approval by EDB, the applicant will receive a letter of offer from EDB, stating the terms and conditions attached to the offer. The approval is subject to the completed building or structure meeting the relevant GPR benchmark.
- Upon the completion of the construction or renovation/extension of the building, the approved applicant is required to submit a verification form (which will be attached to the letter of offer), within 3 months, to the EDB with a declaration made by a qualified person (either a registered architect or a registered professional engineer) to confirm the GPR of the completed building or structure for which LIA incentive has been offered.
1. Contact EDB at 6832 6832 or email@example.com if you are interested to apply for LIA incentive.
Submit the completed application form, together with:
- A copy of the notice of Written Permission (with proposed GPR) issued by URA OR
- A copy of notice of Written Permission equivalent (with proposed GPR) issued by JTC
2. Upon approval, a letter of offer will be issued to the applicant. Terms and conditions of the award will be set out within the letter.
- The letter must be retained and submitted to IRAS upon request.
3. Once the Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) has been issued or once the renovation/extension project has been completed, approved LIA applicant is required to submit a verification form to the EDB not later than 3 months from the completion of the construction or renovation/extension project for confirmation that the building or structure has been built up to the relevant GPR benchmark as stated in the letter of offer.
- The verification form will be issued to the LIA incentive recipient together with the letter of offer from EDB.
While every endeavour has been made to ensure that the information provided herein is correct, ALLIANCE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT PTE LTD disclaims liability for any damage or loss that may be caused as a result of any error or omission.